How to have automated versionning with the php5-cli (=XXX) | php5-cgi (=XXX) | libapache2-mod-php5 (=XXX)

Hi,

I'm trying to build a package for eaccelerator. As most of the time, we
do put things in production on our servers BEFORE attempting to have
them sponsored into Debian, so there is less worries.

With this eaccelerator package, we had quite an issue the last time php5
was upgraded. When restarting apache, there was this warning:

PHP Warning:  [eAccelerator] This build of "eAccelerator" was compiled
for PHP version 5.2.0-8+etch9. Rebuild it for your PHP version
(5.2.0-8+etch10) or download precompiled binaries.

so we couldn't restart apache without either deactivating eaccelerator,
or rebuilding it.

Of course, we could have write something like this:

Package: php5-eaccelerator
[...]
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, libapache2-mod-php5 (=5.2.0-8+etch9) |
php5-cgi (=5.2.0-8+etch9) | php5-cli (=5.2.0-8+etch9)

so then dependencies would have prevent upgrading php without an
up-to-date version of eaccelerator. This is quite fine for us in Etch,
as we can manage versions when they come out, and as there is not so
many updates (just some security one not so often). But this is
absolutely not manageable for having my package sponsored and uploaded
to SID.

So how can I make it so I have this php5 package version automated in my
dependencies?

Thomas Goirand