Re: FTBFS due to upgrade/bug in build-dependency

On 10/01/2008, Frank Terbeck wrote:
> I could work around that problem quite simply. However, I think it
> would be preferable, if 'tdb.h' would be fixed.

Sure.

> My question is, if it would be the right thing to do is to reassign
> the bug to tdb-dev and add a comment about signal.h to it? Or should I
> rather create a new bug against tdb-dev about the problem?

Simply reassigning is IMHO OK, but if someone else sees this FTBFS, and
sees no one reported against your package, that someone could open a bug
against your package, w/o checking that its root is in another one. What
I usually do in this case is the following:
  clone + reassign + retitle + block the old one with the new one.

(block is just a documentation marker.)

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois