Re: RFS: gnomecatalog

El mié, 09-01-2008 a las 18:24 +0100, José Sánchez Moreno escribió:
> On mié, 2008-01-09 at 12:21 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:

> > > Lintian notify a warning without it.
> > >
> > > I can remove it if you want
> >
> > The lintian warning is there for a reason, but adding .0 is not the
> > correct fix.
> >
> > Is this the NMU warning?
> >
> > You may have a mismatch between Maintainer: and debian/changelog. You
> > must use exactly the same name and email address in debian/changelog as
> > you use in debian/control.
>

> Many thanks. I have correct the issue.
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gnomecatalog/

Hi José, just a couple of questions:
- Compiling the package on debian sid, it fails because of the python
stuff in debian/rules. You're forcing using python 2.5 in debian/rules
but there's not such build-dependency. Removing the
"DEB_PYTHON_COMPILE_VERSION = 2.5" line, the package compiles perfectly
with 2.4, so I don't understand that line.
Anyway , the package does not follow current Debian Python policy, you
should take a look to http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython/NewPolicy.
For this package, current Python policy is quite simple so you should
not have any problem to fix it, if you have some questions don't doubt
in asking to this list. I would recommend you using python-support as
replacing dh_python by python-support is trivial.

- Your postinst is maintaining some old debhelper generated code and it
should be deleted. In fact, you can test that this is all you need in
the file:
#!/bin/sh
#DEBHELPER#

- Please, remove the commented lines in debian/rules as they're useless.

- I've seen you have not a spanish comment in the .desktop file of the
application. According to your name it seems you can add it :-). If not,
tell it to me and I'll send the right spanish sentence to you.

Regards.
José L.