Re: how to just copy files that don't need compiled? and set up a cron job?

Thanks for all the responses! Didn't have time to implement all the great suggestions for this release but I'm planning on becoming more compliant before the next one. Didn't realize /etc/cron.d existed, this needs to run every 5 minutes so I was thinking /etc/crontab was the only way to do that, old bad habit. And yep I needed to remove the .ex from the filenames. Definitely liking dpkg-buildpackage a lot more than dpkg-deb --build which I had used a little before.