Re: Removing non-Linux files from source tarballs

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 01:17:26PM -0600, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> Hello, mentors.
>
> I'm currently working on Processing (#433270).
>
> Now, Processing distributes in its source tarball (well, not really a
> source tarball at all, since it's necessary to get everything from
> svn), some Windows .exes and some MacOSX-specific files too.
>
> Do these have to be removed from the source package that I make for Debian?
I forget if it's policy or devref which prefers *not* removing them
unless you're already using a nonpristine sourceball or it would save
significant space, (with the justification that people might like to
use the debian sources for nondebian things)

Justin