Re: ITS: gplanarity (updated package)

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 04:15:57PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> * Franz Pletz <fpletz@franz-pletz.org> [070729 15:08]:
> > > $ lintian -i gplanarity_11496-2_i386.changes
> > > W: gplanarity source: debian-rules-ignores-make-clean-error line 28
> [..]
> > Yup, thanks, fixed. I ran lintian over the deb, so this issue wasn't
> > detected. Will remember using the .changes file.
>
> Did you run "lintian -i" and looked lintians suggestion?  Your solution
> will fail, if the Makefile doesn't exist, but it shouldn't, because you
> might need to do some additional clean up (remove patches, remove
> compiled manpages, etc.)
>
> The proposed solution is '[ ! -f Makefile ] || $(MAKE) distclean'.
>
> That will check if the Makefile exists, and run it if that's the case.
>
> Using '-$(MAKE) distclean' would go on, even if the Makefile doesn't
> exist, but it would ignore errors enoucnter during the disclean-run,
> too, which still should be errors :)

Yes, I read the description. But the Makefile exists in any case because
it comes with the original source. There is no autofoo-stuff involved
generating the Makefile so I gathered the extra check wouldn't be
necessary at all. Or am I wrong? :)

> Hope that's clear, I can explain it in german, if you like ;)

My English is generally way better than my German, under the condition
that you consider Bavarian not to be German. ;)

Cheers,
    Franz

--
 .''`.   Franz Pletz <fpletz@franz-pletz.org> - http://franz-pletz.org/