Re: ITS: gplanarity (updated package)

Hi!

* Franz Pletz <fpletz@franz-pletz.org> [070729 15:08]:

> > $ lintian -i gplanarity_11496-2_i386.changes
> > W: gplanarity source: debian-rules-ignores-make-clean-error line 28
[..]
> Yup, thanks, fixed. I ran lintian over the deb, so this issue wasn't
> detected. Will remember using the .changes file.

Did you run "lintian -i" and looked lintians suggestion?  Your solution
will fail, if the Makefile doesn't exist, but it shouldn't, because you
might need to do some additional clean up (remove patches, remove
compiled manpages, etc.)

The proposed solution is '[ ! -f Makefile ] || $(MAKE) distclean'.

That will check if the Makefile exists, and run it if that's the case.

Using '-$(MAKE) distclean' would go on, even if the Makefile doesn't
exist, but it would ignore errors enoucnter during the disclean-run,
too, which still should be errors :)

Hope that's clear, I can explain it in german, if you like ;)

> I uploaded it to mentors with the same version as I wasn't sure if you
> prefer incremented debian revisions on changes.

That's okay with me.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander