Re: quilt, cdbs, dpatch, but is there even simpler ?

Le mardi 27 mars 2007 02:23, Jörg Sommer a écrit :
> > If nothing in the diff.gz touches files outside of debian there is
> > actually no need for it to be a diff.  It could be debian.tar.gz which
> > would be able to preserve file permissions and symlinks.
>
> Is the diff.tar.gz format accepted? I know it was planed, but it it now
> ready to use?

As far as I know it is not.
A native debian package can have a single tar.gz but not a package with
upstream releases..
This is also handy when uploading new debian releases since you don't have to
upload the orig tarball at each time.. How would you have such a possibility
without the diff.gz ?

Romain
--
Why do they fight against the poor youth of today?
'Cause without these youths, they would be gone -