Re: RFS: openjpeg

Le mercredi 21 mars 2007 16:32, Paul TBBle Hampson a écrit :
> > * debian/copyright: add licence section header between copyright part and
> > licence part.. Policy required it to be verbatim but you may still
> > seperate what is licence and what is copyright..
>
> OK. How do I describe the statement of copyright and license for the
> Debian packaging? It's both license and copyright.

Well.. As explained before, copyright lists the guys that have worked in the
code, with statements like (c) 2007 Someone
Licence is the part that talks about rights granted on the code from the above
copyright owners..
Simply add a Licence: line between copyright and the other part and its ok..
Also, now that we come to this point, have you checked all file headers ? I
know it is a boring job, but it often gives you some very interesting
results... upstream authors are not always consistent with the licence they
give and some part of code they may take from other sources.. Given that you
have read the REJECT FAQ, I guess you are aware of this point..

> > * debian/control: still you define a libopenjpeg-tools, and still the
> > typo...
>
> Wait, which typo are you talking about? I fixed the short description,
> and there's a bunch of 'r's in the long description of libopenjpeg1 in
> my local copy, dunno if they made it to the upload. (My laptop keyboard
> seems to occasionally insert a whole bunch of 'r's in vim... >_<)

Yes I mean those r :)

> I've renamed libopenjpeg-tools to openjepg-tools, but I remain convinced
> that this is needlessly inconsistent with libjpeg and libjasper's usage,
> and the libpkg guide.

Well, those utilities seem to be usefull outside of the library usage.
Take the user point of view, would you understand the a libopenjpeg-utils in
fact contains utilities that have a more general usage than only for testing
the library or whatever is library specific ?
Other formulation would be : why do you think this package name has to be
libopenjpeg specific ?

I can think of mpeg3-utils for instance...

Romain