Re: RFS: openjpeg

Le mardi 20 mars 2007 04:17, Paul TBBle Hampson a écrit :
>   Dear mentors,

	Hi !

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "openjpeg".

Some basic comments:
* debian/rules: you should remove uneeded call to dh_ stuff. Also the
> # shared library versions, option 1
> version=1.0.0
> major=1
stuff does not seem right, and version is not the one provided..
> ln -s libopenjpeg-${version}.so dist/libopenjpeg.so
This does not seem right too...
* debian/control: there is a typo in one description. Also, you should rename
libjpeg2000-utils to something like jpeg2000-utils since this package does
not provide any lib..
* debian/copyright: You repeated copyright for licence, these are different
sections.. Also download source should be a webpage or a ftp site, but not
the tarball.
* In the diff.gz: your modifications to source should be kept as patch and
applied at build time. This way they'll remain into the debian/ directory.
Also, you may check wether you could build the package without those
modifications...

And... You have a nice FTBFS for amd64:
> /usr/bin/ld: ./libopenjpeg/bio.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local
> symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> ./libopenjpeg/bio.o: ne peut lire les symboles: Mauvaise valeur
As written in the message, you have to pass the -fPIC option at build time..

With the above issue, I think you did not check all the requirement for
packaging a library.. -fPIC is required for instance.. You should first find
some documentation like at this place:
http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html
(first gogole result, so may not be the better...)

This was not a deep review, there may be other mistakes..

Romain
--
In the beginning, there was but one concept,
And that's the concept of I.