Re: RFS: giggle

Lash scrisse:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "giggle".

* Your package version is 0.1-1~mentors3, but for the first upload
  should be 0.1-1. You also already have 3 entries on your changelog:
  please collapse them and remove useless information.

* Your diff.gz contain an entire re-autoconfiguration, without entry
  relevant to debian. I think the entire process can be avoided, to have
  a more polished diff.gz (maybe just a matter of taste :)

* Long description is really too short :) Please elaborate it.

* debian/watch contains many commented example entries. Please remove
  them as they are superfluous.

* I think you can safely remove giggle.dirs, as those dirs are already
  created by Makefile.

* You can avoid to install NEWS in giggle.docs, because upstream left
  it empty. Even README isn't very useful, maybe you should ask
  upstream to improve it.

* debian/rules contains many commented default entries, please remove
  them.

* Your manpage contains default roff reference, remove them unless they
  are useful for you. Also it says "marzo  8, 2007", please translate
  the month name to English.

* debian/copyright is definitively wrong (serious policy violation), as
  there are file with different license (eg. eggfind.h is under LGPL)
  and different copyright attribution (Copyright (C) 2004 Red Hat,
  Inc.). It won't be accepted in main as is!

Please fix these issues before requesting again a sponsor ;)
I'm not currently able to test if it builds fine, and I cannot sponsor
you as I'm not (yet) a DD.

> Kind regards
>  Andrea Corradi

Cheers, Luca

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | luca.br(AT)uno.it