Re: [Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk: Re: OTPW]

Le mercredi 14 mars 2007 21:49, Matthew Johnson a écrit :
> Is this enough confermation?

No, I fear no..
If I look at the header at file rmd160.c, I get:
/********************************************************************\
 *
 *      FILE:     rmd160.c
 *
 *      CONTENTS: A sample C-implementation of the RIPEMD-160
 *                hash-function.
 *      TARGET:   any computer with an ANSI C compiler
 *
 *      AUTHOR:   Antoon Bosselaers, ESAT-COSIC
 *      DATE:     1 March 1996
 *      VERSION:  1.0
 *
 *      Copyright (c) Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
 *      1996, All Rights Reserved
 *
\********************************************************************/

Nowhere in this header I can find anything granting right to modify the code.
Furthermore, permission to include the code is not permission to modify it nor
sell it in another software.
For more information, you better read the debian free software guidelines
which defines what is required for a software to be free for debian, see:
http://www.debian.org/social_contract

In this precise case, we still don't know wether this part of the software
feets those needs.. In case it does not, we'll have then to consider
uploading to non-free if it is possible with licence (distribution, not even
mentioned above..)

Sorry to insist on that but this is very important for debian to remain free..

Romain

--
Oh what a competition
But Jah is mi highest region