Re: Legends The Game, new debian package

>Better use /usr/share/games/legends instead of /usr/share/legends.
Oops, sorry I just noticed that I ve used the wrong path name in my previous
post. It already is in /usr/share/games/
> So I doubt that Debian can redistribute this version of "Legends The
> Game" in this state, not even in the non-free section.
Hmm thats bad :(
> I would install /usr/lib/legends/LinLegends and add /usr/games/legends
> which is a wrapper containing this:
>
>   #!/bin/sh
>   cd /usr/lib/legends
>   exec /usr/lib/legends/LinLegends "$@"

I ve reworked the legends script, now looks like this:
> > #!/bin/bash
> > LEGENDS_PATH="/usr/lib/legends/"
> > show_options(){
> > 	echo -e "\033[1;37mlegends - a team-based multiplayer game with
> > jetpacks. \033[0m" echo "Options:"
> > 	echo " -log <INT>  1: append to (default) or 2: overwrite logfile
> > ~/.legends/console.log" echo " -console      Run legends with a more
> > verbose console output." }
> > start_legends(){
> > cd $LEGENDS_PATH
> > echo "Starting ${LEGENDS_PATH}LinLegends $1"
> > ./LinLegends $1
> > }
> >
> >  while true
> > do
> >         case "$1" in
> >                 --help|-help|--h|-h)
> >                        show_options
> >                         ;;
> >               	*)
> >                         break
> >                         ;;
> >         esac
> >         shift
> > done
> > start_legends "$*"

> I would put the data files in ~/.legends/ because the game downloads any
> missing files automatically anyway, and because the downloaded data
> files may have more various copyright and license issues I'd rather not
> investigate.  So I'd not ship the data files with Debian.
So u mean I should remove all data that is normally included in legends?
(file:///usr/share/games/legends/legends/data.unf
file:///usr/share/games/legends/legends/interiors.unf
file:///usr/share/games/legends/legends/missions.unf
file:///usr/share/games/legends/legends/scripts.unf
file:///usr/share/games/legends/legends/sounds.unf
file:///usr/share/games/legends/legends/voices.unf)
For users with slow internet connection that would be quite bad...
> But, I would first solve the copyright and license issues in the game,
> see my previous e-mail.
Ok, I already posted your first email (hope u dont mind...) in the
legends-forum. Hope one of the devs could help.
> Regards,
>
> Bart Martens
Thanks for helping
bye