Re: Legends The Game, new debian package

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 08:20 +0100, olaf wrote:
> On Saturday 03 March 2007 00:44, Michael Koch wrote:
> > And starters for games are located in /usr/games and not /usr/bin.
> >
> Thanks for your replies. Would it be allowed to put the binaries
> in /usr/lib/legends and create links to /usr/share/legends where the
> data-packages are?

I would install /usr/lib/legends/LinLegends and add /usr/games/legends
which is a wrapper containing this:

  #!/bin/sh
  cd /usr/lib/legends
  exec /usr/lib/legends/LinLegends "$@"

I would put the data files in ~/.legends/ because the game downloads any
missing files automatically anyway, and because the downloaded data
files may have more various copyright and license issues I'd rather not
investigate.  So I'd not ship the data files with Debian.

But, I would first solve the copyright and license issues in the game,
see my previous e-mail.

Regards,

Bart Martens