Re: RFS: sshproxy

OoO Lors de la soirée naissante du samedi 20 janvier 2007, vers 18:53,
Damyan Ivanov <dam@modsoftsys.com> disait:

> -=| Vincent Bernat, 20.01.2007 15:38 |=-
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> sshproxy   - ssh gateway to apply ACLs on ssh connections
>> sshproxy-backend-mysql - ssh gateway to apply ACLs on ssh connections
>> sshproxy-client - ssh gateway to apply ACLs on ssh connections
>> sshproxy-extra-plugins - ssh gateway to apply ACLs on ssh connections

> Can you provide different short description for different binary
> packages where appropriate?

I correct this.

>> There is currently one bug in the package due to a problem in cdbs :
>> bug #386970. I don't know wthat the correct work around is. This

> Many people here advise not to use build system you don't understand
> enough as to fix it.

Well, if I need to perfectly know  a build system, I would not be able
to use any of them. Moreover, from  the bug report, this seems to be a
bug from debhelper (but it would be fixable in my case, since the stop
action does not call a python script).

But I get the point and fixed this problem by not using dh_installinit
and invoking rc.d "by hand".

>> results in sshproxy not being able to run on install (but this works
>> on upgrade). The current workaround is to default to not launch
>> sshproxy  on install  (a settings  in /etc/default/sshproxy).  Maybe a
>> cleaner workaround would be to use invoke-rc.d by hand ?

> Not launch sshproxy by default is good idea (perhaps governed by a
> debconf question), but using this as a workaround looks like a quibble
> to me :)

I have also changed the default to yes. I don't see any valid reason a
user  would install  sshproxy  and  not launch  it.  Most daemons  are
packaged  in a  way they  are  automatically launched  in Debian.  One
exception is rsyncd  that comes with rsync package  and most users are
not interested in the daemon.

Do you really think I should add a debconf question about this ?

Thanks for your feedback !
--
Use debugging compilers.