Re: RFS: gexec

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 07:21:51AM +0100, Johann Rudloff wrote:
> I hope it's correct now, but I've one little question:
>
> >   * your build-depends are wrong. you depend on libgtk2.0-0 instead of
> >     libgtk2.0-dev and libglib2.0-dev
> I added both, but is the dependency on libglib2.0-dev really neccessary?
> Since libgtk2.0-dev depends on it, I think that dependency is already
> implied, or am I wrong with that?

Speaking purely at the general level, as I haven't examined your package
specifically, it's usually a good idea to specify all of the packages that
you rely on to build, regardless of whether they're depended on by another
package you depend on, just in case that other package changes it's
dependencies in the future, leaving your package broken.

Sure, I doubt that GTK is going to stop needing glib any time soon, but it's
a good habit to get into.  I don't know if your package needs any of glib's
symbols itself, though.

- Matt