Re: RFS: Need help packaging MMS (My Media System) and get it into Debian

few notes on what I spot

since first thing of all was to check copyright  file -- there seems to
be a copyright holder missing for the software itself.

there is no sense to keep config.log in .diff -- employ proper clean
procedure in debian/rules (may be the other .log files as well can
be cleaned...?)

there are sources for other libraries included (eg tinyxml, etc) --
those better appear as independent packages (file ITP bugs for them
first), if they are not already (like there are unofficial packages for
libavcodec). if they are old and abandoned (thus will not be used
elsewhere) -- include copyright/licensing information into
copyright file for mms. if they are packaged (eg commoncpp2, libavcodec)
--  better use provided by Debian libraries instead of rebuilding and
relying on upstream ones, unless they were tuned in some way, or there
are compatibility issues -- I just worry about possible overlap with
names of the shared libraries you might get at the end. So there are
lots of work to make it clean in this sense...

I hope this blurb is of some value

Good luck guys and keep on good work!
--
                                  .-.