Re: Newbie question about compiler warnings.

Brandon Barnes <winterknight@nerdshack.com> wrote:
> Are we allowed to disable compiler warnings? What is the preferred
> method, if the code is fine, and would require a huge overhaul to fix?

IANADD

However, my feeling is, the less change to a package you have to do to get
it working, the better. If the warnings really offend you that much, I would
suggest using debian/rules to disable them, since that wouldn't be an actual
change to the package. However, since they are just warnings, they aren't
doing any harm, and it may be useful/interesting to leave warnings on, say,
to compare the output from autobuilders compiling this package on different
platforms.

	Cheers,
		Tyler