Re: Tone-of-voice used by sponsors

On 1/14/07, Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr> wrote:
Jens Peter Secher wrote:
> Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> writes:
>
>> if you insist on keeping the useless stuff, i consider the package as to
>> ugly according to my mesures of beauty, and hence i'm not sponsoring it.
>
> I think it would be better if you toned down this
> do-as-I-say-or-I-wont-sponsor-you attitude.  As others have mentioned,
> some of the nitpicking is really your personal preferences, and not
> really something that makes a new Developer much better at the tasks
> involved in maintaining a package.
>
> Anyways, as new Developers get more comfortable with the debhelper
> parts, the superfluous comments seem to vanish.  That is my experience.
>
> Cheers,

If I may give my view of sponsored...

Daniel has been a very good sponsor with me so far, he helped me a lot
to understand many things, he was fast, and was patient enough with my
mistakes. He don't put lot's of emotions on his messages, he just write
what he thinks is good, without any bla bla.

I agree. Daniel is a perfectionist and reliable person. I have learned
a lot when he sponsors me. He doesn't put lots of emotions because as
far as I can see he is a very objective person. I also have to say
that I like when he sponsors me because I can understand and improve a
lot the work that I do in Debian.

In the other hand I don't think he has something to change, I really
do appreciate all the work he does and how he does. He imposes a high
quality standard when he sponsors a package.

Regards,
--
Muammar El Khatib.
Linux user: 403107.