Re: adasockets, LIBVERSIONINFO and SONAMEs

Phil Brooke wrote:
> Hi,

OK, I found the problem.

In src/Makefile.am you have:

libadasockets_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info $(LIBVERSIONINFO)
libadasockets_la_LINK = $(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=link $(CC) \
        -o libadasockets.la

_LINK is overriding the normal LINK command and therefore LDFLAGS are
not being passed.

I tried:
libadasockets_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info $(LIBVERSIONINFO)
libadasockets_la_LINK = $(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=link $(CC) \
        -o libadasockets.la  -version-info $(LIBVERSIONINFO)

That works.

$ find . -name libadasockets.so*
./.libs/libadasockets.so.1.0.0
./.libs/libadasockets.so.1
./.libs/libadasockets.so

> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Neil Williams wrote:
>> Can you upload your test package source somewhere so that I can use
>> dget and try a test build?
>
> Files at
>   http://homepage.ntlworld.com/phil.brooke/debian/
> I've been using the line
>   dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -idoc/adasockets.info
> to build the package.

Shouldn't the effect of '-idoc/adasockets.info' be done inside
debian/rules so that anyone can build the same package without the option?

(dpkg-buildpackage uses -rfakeroot by default anyway now, it's not needed.)

--

Neil Williams