Re: Finding out why a Build-Dependency is fetched.

On 07/12/20 12:04 +0530, Kumar Appaiah said ...
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 11:49:53AM +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> > Notice that refblas3-dev is _before_ lapack3-dev. Now, if apt-get is
> > called faithfully in this order, atlas does not come in. But if it is
> > reordered, the lapack3-dev dependencies are honoured first, and that
> > pulls in atlas3-base, which is the first alternate dependency, and is
> > satisfiable.
> >
> > Now, the question is, where is the reordering occurring? sbuild?
>
> And the answer is, that the dsc file itself has it ordered! The
> generated dsc file has ordered B-Deps.
>
> I think this has to do with the dpkg-dev refactoring. I'll find out if
> a bug is warranted, though I'd appreciate more input.

IMO, this isn't a bug.  The order in which packages are listed in the
build-depends shouldn't matter.  Build-Depends: lapack3-dev | refblas3-dev
or Build-Depends: refblas3-dev | lapack3-dev (if you please) is what you
want to use really.

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://www.appaji.net/