Re: Using Linda

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007, David Schulberg wrote:

Hi All,

Posted originally to debian-user and it was suggested I post here in

Have just set up Linda or I thought I had.

When I run 'linda package.deb' I get errors as follows:

debian:/home/david/Desktop/Downloads# linda checkinstall_1.6.1-1_i386.deb

Linda: Running as root, dropping to nobody.

The problem is caused by you running linda as root.

Run linda as user 'david' instead and you'll probably be fine.

-- Asheesh.

I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race,
in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals.
		-- Thoreau