Re: RFS: yougrabber
On 13/12/2007, firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> wrote:
> Upstream Author : Carl Chenet <firstname.lastname@example.org>
According to the files under src/ you aren't upstream :)
debian/changelog: fill an ITP and make the package upload close it.
* "Standards-Version: 3.7.2" , latest is 3.7.3, please check what
changes you need to make so you update it to latest.
* "Architecture: i386", why? does it really only build under i386?
* "Depends: libcurl3-gnutls (>= 7.16), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.14)" don't
use versioned dependencies if not required, let dh_shlibdeps do its
* "Build-Depends:" again, are versioned build dependencies really required?
* "Description:", please improve it, read 
* "Section: web"? it should be net, it is not a web application
* Please add a Homepage entry
debian/rules: please remove commented/unused stuff
debian/dirs: is there anything installed under sbin?
debian/docs: you should probably list CONTRIBUTORS too
Please also provide a debian/watch file, see uscan(1) from devscripts
Why are you providing a Makefile? debian-packaging stuff should be under debian/
why are you duplicating CHANGELOG?
Have you submitted those changes to upstream?
$ debc yougrabber_0.29.2-1_i386.changes
-rwxr-xr-x root/root 18400 2007-12-13 19:12 ./bin/yg
This is a violation of section 9.1.1 of the Debian Policy
> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
I strongly recommend you to read and understand the whole Debian
Policy and the Developers Reference, if you have any question
feel free to reply to the list (and don't CC me) or even join
#debian-mentors on irc.debian.org
Atomo64 - Raphael
Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.
Say NO to Microsoft Office broken standard.