Re: RFS: yougrabber

On 13/12/2007, chaica@ohmytux.com <chaica@ohmytux.com> wrote:
>   Upstream Author : Carl Chenet <chaica@ohmytux.com>

According to the files under src/ you aren't upstream :)

> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/y/yougrabber/yougrabber_0.29.2-1.dsc

debian/changelog: fill an ITP and make the package upload close it.
debian/control:
* "Standards-Version: 3.7.2" , latest is 3.7.3, please check what
changes you need to make so you update it to latest.
* "Architecture: i386", why? does it really only build under i386?
* "Depends: libcurl3-gnutls (>= 7.16), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.14)" don't
use versioned dependencies if not required, let dh_shlibdeps do its
job.
* "Build-Depends:" again, are versioned build dependencies really required?
* "Section: web"? it should be net, it is not a web application
* Please add a Homepage entry
debian/rules: please remove commented/unused stuff
debian/dirs: is there anything installed under sbin?
debian/docs: you should probably list CONTRIBUTORS too

Please also provide a debian/watch file, see uscan(1) from devscripts

.diff.gz:
--- yougrabber-0.29.2.orig/Makefile
+++ yougrabber-0.29.2/Makefile
Why are you providing a Makefile? debian-packaging stuff should be under debian/
--- yougrabber-0.29.2.orig/changelog
+++ yougrabber-0.29.2/changelog
why are you duplicating CHANGELOG?
--- yougrabber-0.29.2.orig/src/Makefile
+++ yougrabber-0.29.2/src/Makefile
Have you submitted those changes to upstream?

$ debc yougrabber_0.29.2-1_i386.changes
-rwxr-xr-x root/root     18400 2007-12-13 19:12 ./bin/yg

This is a violation of section 9.1.1[3] of the Debian Policy

I strongly recommend you to read and understand the whole Debian
Policy[4] and the Developers Reference[5], if you have any question
feel free to reply to the list (and don't CC me) or even join
#debian-mentors on irc.debian.org

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-binary.html#s-descriptions
[2] http://people.debian.org/~walters/descriptions.html
[3] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html#s-fhs
[4] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
[5] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/

Sincerely,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.

Say NO to Microsoft Office broken standard.
See http://www.noooxml.org/petition