Re: service helper package

Great.  I was hoping for this answer :)

On Nov 26, 2007 5:25 PM, Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
On 25/11/2007, C.J. Adams-Collier <cjcollier@gmail.com> wrote:
> is there something like a service-common package that provides a helper
> script like the following for services to source?
>
> I'm thinking that it would belong somewhere like
> /usr/share/service-common/init.sh.  I have not tested the
> following yet, and I'm a sucky bash programmer.

Ever heard about lsb-base and /lib/lsb/init-functions? :)
That's exactly what you are looking for.

dh_make provides an example init.d script using the LSB init functions
(but it isn't very compliant as it is now[1])

Regards,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.

Say NO to Microsoft Office broken standard.
See http://www.noooxml.org/petition