Re: RFS: libcares

On Nov 27, 2007 9:34 PM, Robin Cornelius <robin.cornelius@gmail.com> wrote:

> This has all become unneeded work
>
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/libc-ares1
>
> /me sighs and smiles at the same time

:) I guess you'll be more careful when opening WNPP bugs in future.

> My final version was upload to mentors, but it might as well be
> removed now as its not needed.

I'd suggest that you not let it go to waste, compare the package in
the archive to your one, and file bugs about any deficiencies in the
one in the archive. For a start, I think the package name is wrong,
IIRC the SONAME was like libcaresX not libc-ares (please check that
though).

> I just feel a bit bad at wasting your time with this.

Not a big deal.

--
bye,
pabs