file encoding and eol marker in orig.tar.gz

Hi!

I am polishing the packages for omegat (#448867) and
libhtmlparser-java (#448872) and I have a few questions. The
background is that I already have to repackage upstream tarball,
because they contain compiled jars.

1) Should I convert eol markers (fromdos)? Or at least should I fix
the half a dozen files which have CRLF+CR as eol markers?

2) Should I convert the encoding to utf-8?

In libhtmlparser, there are two files without copyright notice. This
is already corrected in upstream's svn, but upstream is slowly
preparing a new major version and doesn't seem likely to release soon.
May I introduce myself the notice, noting somewhere that it was
'backported' from svn?

Thanks,

Tiago.