RFS: python-avc

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "python-avc".

* Package name    : python-avc
  Version         : 0.3.0-1
  Upstream Author : Fabrizio Pollastri <pollastri@inrim.it>
* URL             : http://avc.inrim.it/
* License         : GPL
  Section         : python

It builds these binary packages:
python-avc - live connection among widgets and application variables

The upload would fix these bugs: 448646

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-avc/python-avc_0.3.0-1.dsc

Description

AVC is a multiplatform, fully automatic, live connection among graphical
interface widgets and application variables for the python language. AVC
supports in a uniform way the most popular widget toolkits: GTK, Qt3,
Qt4, Tk. AVC is a python module that can be imported by any python
application.

Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) are the easy way to input data to an
application sofware and to view data produced by the application. The
management of data exchanges between GUI and application is a central
problem in GUI programming, it absorbs a relevant part of the
programming effort. AVC makes the programming of this data exchanges
very easy.

Features

    * Fully transparent widget-variable connections
    * Automatic connection by matching widgets and variables names
    * No design pattern, no application redesign
    * Multiple widget toolkits support: GTK, Qt3, Qt4, Tk.
    * Full compatibility and support for Glade, Qt Designer and Visual
      Tcl interface design tools.
    * Widgets support: button, check button, combo box, entry, label,
      radio button, slider, spin button, status bar, text view/edit,
      toggle button.
    * Variable types support: boolean, integer, float, string, list,
      tuple.
    * Multiple widgets to one variable connection
    * Dual update timing of variable value views: immediate or periodic.
    * Python module written in pure python

Kind regards
 Fabrizio Pollastri