Re: mentors.debian.net reloading

On 10/26/07, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:

> We have been running mentors.debian.net for years already

Some thoughts:

Aside from the metrics idea I put on the wiki page, I think it is
fairly important to merge REVU, mentors.d.o and sponsors.d.o into one
site.

The metrics idea would allow me to prioritise packages based on
criteria that I think are important (failed puiparts, FTBFS on sid or
on $arch, 5 zillion lintian errors, overrode all the lintian errors
instead of fixing them, won't enter NM & become a DD), preventing me
from wasting time on packages that I won't sponsor due to too many
problems. It also helps sponsees see how their packages stack up to
the quality standards of DDs who will be doing uploads and also helps
them improve their packages. For each metric, the sponsee should also
be able to add a comment; for example: "these linda errors are bugs in
linda" or "this package is only for $arch".

I think having buildds behind mentors.d.n is important, if only for
the lintian and puiparts checks on the resulting binary packages and
the effect of those on the metrics. If we don't have physical machines
that could do builds & testing (buildd.net folks could probably help
there), then qemubuilder and vlosuts could be one option.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise