Re: mentors.debian.net reloading

Henrik Andreasson wrote:
> And a possibillity to "vote" for the package maybe, then a sponsor can
> use that information if the want in the decission what packages to sponsor?

I don't like this idea at all.

With that, what you will see is that maintainers that have lots of
friends, or that are maintaining famous packages, will get a high score.
I don't think it will help to distinguish good or interesting packages.
Also, I don't think a package should be left behind just because not a
lot of people "voted" for it. How about very specific things, like for
science tools, for which the big majority don't even understand the
purposes? For sure, they wouldn't get a big score with a voting system.
It doesn't make them less valuable, and I think it make sense to have
them included in main...

Thomas