Re: mentors.debian.net reloading

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Christoph Haas wrote:

Regarding CPU-intensive QA tests (builds and piuparts runs): I think
that it's very important to do them on mentors.

Might be helping the sponsor to determine if the package builds. But I'm
not sure if it's worth it. Just my personal opinion.

I don't think that resources are a problem: nobody said that you _had_
to host mentors yourself.

It is a rented virtual root server with enough power and 1 TB of free
traffic that I pay for from my spare money. I think it would be able to
do that if needed.

I might get you wrong but to me you sound more like "If you are
incapable of running the service properly then let someone else step up"
instead of "I think that test builds are important. If you agree but
don't have the proper resources I can perhaps offer some computing
power.". Sorry if my emotion chip got you wrong.

I would like to briefly comment that if you want some compute time for something lke this, let me know. I see above that you think you should be okay, but should that ever change let me know; I'd be very happy to donate my spare cycles to making package sponsoring work better.

I'm personally very much a fan of automatic testing/building of packages.

-- Asheesh.

--
I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the demigodic party.
		-- Dennis Ritchie