Re: RFS: groovy

Hello Glen,

please take care that groovy is already packaged for Debian (version 0.1.0beta10-3), though it's more or less orphaned.
I looked into packaging a more recent version, but:
- the current package is pretty ugly (many binaries in it)
- cleaning it up would mean adding many packages in Debian that are dependencies of groovy (good for Debian, much work for you). - I found out that I could live with the beta version and gave up for now :-)

If you're still interested, there is a specific debian-java list for packaging of Java apps/libs (in cc). You're welcome to join, and leave the mentors in peace ;-)

Cheers, Eric

PS: no need to cc me in your reply, I'm on both lists.

Glen Pepicelli wrote:

Where's the link to the .dsc file?

We have some .debs we made but they were meant to be a temporary fix.  I'm
really waiting for the next release of groovy in mid November to make my
packages.  The reason is that they are changing the way the generic packages
are organized.   They may split groovy into a core jar with add-on jars so
if they decode to do that I need to mirror what they do.  The idea being
simple groovy programs can run with just the core jar as their runtime.

Glen