RFS: groovy

I am looking for a sponsor for packages for the the Groovy Programming
Language.

See:  http://groovy.codehaus.org/

This is also a Java package as it is written in Java and requires the JVM.

There is a new release of groovy in a few weeks and we would like to create
Debian packages for it as soon as possible after that release.

Please help :)

Groovy is an active project and we have a LOT of skilled people that can
help if needed-- Probably the only reason we are only getting into packaging
now is that Groovy is pretty easy to install without a package.

Glen Pepicelli, on behalf of the Groovy community.