Re: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 23:10:52 -0200
Eriberto <eriberto@eriberto.pro.br> wrote:

> Hi mentors!
>
> I am packaging a tool to translate words (KTranslator). I fixed some

Your most important comment is right at the end:

> The libs are specifics to this program.

In which case, the libs MUST NOT be in /usr/lib/ but in /usr/lib/foo -
in your case probably /usr/lib/ktranslator/. Then lintian won't bother
you. You aren't building a library package, you are building an
application that uses some private libraries. Don't make them public,
ensure that the private libraries STAY private.

> N:   Refer to Library Packaging guide 5 for details.
>

> Currently, I have one package only. I will need extract the libraries
> from tarball and make a lib package? Or I can make an override in that
> case?

Do not override this warning - fix the error!

--

Neil Williams