Re: Passing variables to a Makefile

Am Donnerstag, den 11.10.2007, 08:15 -0400 schrieb Justin Pryzby:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 12:51:26PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 11.10.2007, 10:52 +0900 schrieb Charles Plessy:
> > about non-existing directories, like usr/share/dialign-t. You only need
> > to create the diretories first, if you e.g. use `install' instead of
> > dh_install or of you want to create links there.
> I guess this is handled too by install -D.

It is. But many users miss it and then the package FTBFS because of the
non-existing target directory. However, install is only useful, if you
have to rename the source or if you have to set special permissions, not
handled by dh_fixperms. I often miss the possibility to use this
dehelper script with:

dh_fixperms $target $permissions

IMHO this would reduce the necessity to use chmod or install in
debian/rules.

Regards, Daniel