Re: ITR: gnomermind - failed review

Thank you for your review and reply, Neil.

My comments to the bug reports were simply my initial contact with the
original bug reporter, and were not my final assessment of the issues
or the potential solutions.  My impression was that part of the
mentor-mentee relationship was a process of guiding and learning, and
thus I was fully expecting further work and bug-quashing after finding
a sponsor and adopting the package.  As such, I was not attempting to
come up with a final solution prior to submitting the package to
mentors.d.n.

I understand and generally agree with your points on knowing C to
maintain a package written in C, although I would submit that it's not
necessarily a prerequisite.  As I previously mentioned, I am not a C
programmer by trade.  Nevertheless, I have patched C code before and
believe that, admittedly with perhaps a bit of assistance, I could
have done the same in this case.  In the future, however, I will focus
on packages for which I have a deeper knowledge of the underlying
bits.

My intent here was to help with a very old package and learn some
things along the way, but I certainly do not want to waste anyone's
time.  My own time is extremely limited due to Real Life, raising
kids, doing the Linux Reality podcast, and contributing to other F/OSS
projects.  Therefore, I will limit my efforts to those areas where I
can make a more immediate impact.  In the meantime, I'll withdraw my
ITA this package until such time as I am able to provide a full
resolution to all outstanding bugs prior to posting a RFS.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Public Key:  0x0C7558C3