Re: RFS: nted

Ondrej Certik a écrit :
I am not a DD, so I cannot sponsor, but I tried your package, it

Thanks for your feedback. It's welcome!

builds in cowbuilder, it's lintian clean. Linda says:

$ linda /var/cache/pbuilder/result/nted_0.6.2-1_i386.changes
W: nted; The menu file has section Applications, which is unknown.

See #434989 as Cyril has pointed out. This warning should be ignored.

Then I installed the package, and when I run it, I get:

$ nted
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
such file or directory

and a message gtk window:

"
Internal error detected: Error opening ALSA sequencer. Excuse the
program must be terminated :-((( Please contact
ja@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
"

NtEd requires the ALSA sequencer device (/dev/snd/seq). Just load the snd_seq module (modprobe snd_seq) and NtEd shouldn't complain anymore.

I believe it should be working, it's a note editing program, not a player right?

NtEd can play the scores via midi.

BTW, timidity file.midi works nice on my system, so nted should be too imho.

If you try timidity as an ALSA sequencer client (-iA) it will require the /dev/snd/seq device too.

Ondrej

Cheers,

--
_gilles.