Re: RFS: nted

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "nted".
>
> * Package name    : nted
>    Version         : 0.6.2-1
>    Upstream Author : Jörg Anders <ja@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
> * URL             :
> http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html
> * License         : GPL
>    Section         : sound
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> nted       - Musical score editor
>
> Long description:
>   NtED is a GTK score editor. It intends to be really WYSIWYG: what you
>   see on the screen is exactly what you get on printer output. It
>   supports up to 4 voices per staff, N-Tuplets, MIDI and Postscript
>   export.
>   .
>   While its features are rather limited by now, NtED is a promising young
>   application under heavy development.
>
> The package appears to be lintian/pbuilder clean.
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 444673

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/nted/nted_0.6.2-1.dsc

I am not a DD, so I cannot sponsor, but I tried your package, it
builds in cowbuilder, it's lintian clean. Linda says:

$ linda /var/cache/pbuilder/result/nted_0.6.2-1_i386.changes
W: nted; The menu file has section Applications, which is unknown.

Then I installed the package, and when I run it, I get:

$ nted
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No
such file or directory

and a message gtk window:

"
Internal error detected: Error opening ALSA sequencer. Excuse the
program must be terminated :-((( Please contact
ja@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
"

I believe it should be working, it's a note editing program, not a player right?

BTW, timidity file.midi works nice on my system, so nted should be too imho.

Ondrej