Re: RFS: pyscrabble

On tisdagen den 2 oktober 2007, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> First of all: well done! Consider joining PAPT[1] and moving your package
> there

Thanks!

> Comments:
> * You still need python-setuptools in Build-Depends, I know that
> you've patched setup.py to not use pkg_resources, but "clean-patched"
> rule doesn't depend on "patch" (test it in pbuilder and you'll know
> what am I talking about)

*bonk*

I think the most natural solution is to let clean-patched depend on the
patches being applied, as the name of the target suggests.

> * If you start server twice in a row, you cannot stop it later
> (pyscrabble-server.pid contains wrong PID, start-stop-daemon should
> handle this, but apparently it doesn't)

Always this problem with script daemons, where /proc/<pid>/exe isn't the
program you started. I've solved it with --startas now. When I was at it, I
also LSBized the init script.

I also improved the README.Debian for pyscrabble-server, explaining why the
log isn't automatically rotated, and then I added -r to the dh_installinit
call for the same reason.

Finally I fixed the bug that the Close button in the About dialog didn't work.

An updated package has been uploaded to mentors.d.n.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)