RFS: pyscrabble

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "pyscrabble".

* Package name    : pyscrabble
  Version         : 1.6.2-1
  Upstream Author : Kevin Conaway <kevin.a.conaway@gmail.com>
* URL             : http://pyscrabble.sf.net/
* License         : GPLv2
  Programming Lang: Python
  Section         : games

It builds these binary packages:
pyscrabble - a multiplayer scrabble implementation written in Python - client
pyscrabble-common - a multiplayer scrabble implementation - common files
pyscrabble-server - a scrabble implementation written in Python - server part

The package has been rather meticuously split in three, primarily in order to
keep the dependencies of the client package down. The upstream source wasn't
written with this in mind, so it's not too pretty, but python-central seems
to handle it well.

The server is patched to work as a system daemon (by default started under a
dedicated uid, of course).

The package appears to be lintian clean. No wait. It is free from lintian
errors, but the mentors template seems to leave out the warnings. There are
two binary-without-manpage warnings, which I intend to remedy eventually
(lazy upstream! :-).

It is possible that this package should be put in experimental initially. All
review efforts are appreciated.

I'm aware that the author has just put the GPLv2 in the tarball as
LICENSE.txt, but not explicitly stated that it's the license that applies to
the work. I have contacted the author about this.

Finally, there may be a trademark issue, but maybe that should be left to the
ftpmasters to decide.

The upload would close the ITP: http://bugs.debian.org/416137

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pyscrabble/pyscrabble_1.6.2-1.dsc

I would be glad if someone checked and perhaps even uploaded this package for
me.

Kind regards,
--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se