Re: Using pro or perso address for contributions ?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:03:44 +0200
Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@int-edu.eu> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm considering applying for maintainer of a couple packages, and I
> wondered if Debian had some policy on preferring professional or
> personal email addresses for maintainers.

Only if there is any copyright implication. If using your professional
email address would (implicitly or explicitly) mean that your
employer gets some level of copyright control (e.g. universities) then
you may need to be careful. It depends if you develop the code during
your employment or using the resources of your employer and whether
your employer has some restrictive copyright requirements.

--

Neil Williams