Re: Using pro or perso address for contributions ?

On 09/26/2007 01:03 PM, Olivier Berger wrote:
> I wondered if Debian had some policy on preferring professional or
> personal email addresses for maintainers.

If you are considering long-term support for your packages, I would
suggest using an email address would provide you long-term access,
regardless of your employer.  Think about your GPG key usage, as well.
NDA, IP, and copyright issues could also come into question, if this
work is specifically for your employer.  There are some employers, like
my own, that encourage and advocate community project
support/development without legal issues, but those calls will need to
be made by you and your boss.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael Shuler