Re: RFS: xawtv (updated package)

2007/9/23, Florian Ernst <florian_ernst@gmx.net>:
> I'm really glad someone picked this up, so I'm indeed quite interested
> in long-term sponsoring of this package as long as it's needed. Thanks
> already for all your work!

Great! I'm having big troubles in getting my packages uploaded. Some
of them wait for sponsor for over a month.

> However, I noticed the previous two uploads have been signed by
> different DDs. Quite often people sponsoring a package will also sponsor
> further updates, so you won't need to ask again for a new sponsor. I
> take it they were doing (for one reason or another) some one-shot
> sponsoring? Just wondering...

As I said it be great to have one sponsor for all my packages (or at
last sponsor for one of them). You are first who propose to sponsor
further upload.

> > The package appears to be lintian and pbuilder clean.
> lintian 1.23.34, when run against my _i386.changes, reports otherwise.
> Well, the one repeated warning (partially-translated-question) isn't
> severe at all in this case, but you should take a look at the
> informational tags as well (lintian --display-info ...changes),
> especially possible-non-posix-code-in-maintainer-script.

I'm not sure, but probably this can be removed soon as devfsd is no
longer in unstable.

> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> Hmmm, I don't know how serious the issue with NV-GLX and DGA is, but
> I'd recommend documenting how to use XAWTV_USE_DGA for the end-user
> before shipping your xawtv.sh as a wrapper. Then I'll gladly sponsor
> your packaging, and on to further updates. :)

Not very but while every geek know if his drivers supports DGA, and
can prepare alias for himself including -nodga in command line. This
change is targeted to "normal" users. If they have some nvidia cards
and proprietary drivers xawtv will not start showing mysterious "X
protocol request failed" error. Users are confused by this error and
often asks for solution (i.e. -nodga).

I forgot to add one simple patch and as you know xawtv fail to create
widget. This is fixed now. Also I add a xawtv.NEWS to document
XAWTV_USE_DGA environment variable.

Fixed packaged uploaded to mentors.d.n.

Regards,
--