RFS: gwyddion - Scanning Probe Microscopy analysis software (2nd attempt)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gwyddion".

* Package name    : gwyddion
  Version         : 2.8-1
  Upstream Authors: David Nečas (Yeti) <yeti@gwyddion.net>, Petr Klapetek
<klapetek@gwyddion.net> and more
* URL             : http://gwyddion.net/
* License         : GPL-v2+, and parts PD
  Section         : science

It builds these binary packages:
gwyddion   - Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM) analysis software
	Gwyddion is a modular program for Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM)
	data  visualization and analysis. It is primarily intended for
	analysis of height  field obtained by SPM techniques like AFM, MFM,
	STM, SNOM/NSOM etc. It can,  however, be used for any other height
	field and image analysis.
gwyddion-common - Gwyddion SPM analysis software - common files
gwyddion-plugins - Gwyddion SPM analysis software - plugins
libgwyddion2-0 - Gwyddion SPM analysis software - libraries
libgwyddion20-dev - Gwyddion SPM analysis software - header files and static
		libraries
libgwyddion20-doc - Gwyddion SPM analysis software - HTML library API
		documentation

The lintian errors are taken care of by an override file[1]. The package
seems to be pbuilder clean. The piuparts (-d sid) output shows some error,
which may be unrelated to gwyddion[2]. You may find a discussion of the
original RFS in the mailing list archive[3].

ITP: 440662

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gwyddion/gwyddion_2.8-1.dsc

Kind regards
 Jan Beyer

Annotations:
[1] The errors are about some python/ruby scripts, which are in the gwyddion
package, which does not depend on the interpreters. This is due to the fact,
that the package shall only provide some basic guaranteed infrastructure for
plugins, which users may want to use/write. But Gwyddion itself does not
use/need the interpreters.
The same lintian message is emitted for the gwyddion-plugins package. There
I added the Depends: python | perl | ruby line, which lintian doesn't seem
to understand.
Furthermore there is a lintian warning, concerning the libgwyddion2-0
package, which is actually a bundle of libraries. These cannot usefully be
split into single-library packages, as the libraries themselves are not well
split with regard to their functions/symbols (according to upstream), so
nobody will want to link against only one of them.

[2] Piuparts (-d sid) brings up some broken symlinks in
/var/lib/defoma/fontconfig.d/D and related to pico. But as gwyddion has
nothing to do with this, it may be, that this is unrelated to gwyddion.
piuparts -d etch runs fine.

[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2007/09/msg00161.html
No sponsor was found there. I fixed the dependency problem. Now gwyddion
Depends: libgwyddion2-0 (>= 2.8-1).

Thank you very much for reading until here!