Re: RFS: gbrainy

Am Mittwoch, den 12.09.2007, 18:23 +0200 schrieb Siegfried-Angel:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gbrainy".
>
> * Package name    : gbrainy
>   Version         : 0.2-1
>   Upstream Author : Jordi Mas i Hernandez
> * URL             : http://live.gnome.org/gbrainy
> * License         : GPLv2+
>   Section         : games
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> gbrainy    - a brain teaser game and trainer to have fun and to keep
> your brain trained
>
> The package appears to be lintian clean, except for this message «W:
> gbrainy: menu-item-creates-new-section Games/Logic
> /usr/share/menu/gbrainy:2». I don't know why it's complaining, since
> LogicGames is listed in the Free Desktop specifications.
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 440982

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gbrainy/gbrainy_0.2-1.dsc

Hi,
some notes from a short look at the package:

- You have to build-depend on libgtk2.0-cil, libgnome2.0-cil and
libglade2.0-cil at least, please try to build the package in pbuilder to
see if you catched all build dependencies

- You have to call dh_clideps -d somewhere after dh_shlibdeps

- You have to add ${cli:Depends} to the binary package dependencies

- You should call dh_clifixperms to fix the permissions on the CLI files

- The package is architecture all, not any (i.e. arch independend)

The second and third point are necessary to give you appropiate package
dependencies.

Please take a look at the cowbell, gshare, tomboy, banshee or similar
CLI packages to give you some ideas on how to package CLI apps.

Also take a look at http://pkg-mono.alioth.debian.org/cli-policy/

Bye