Re: In-Program documentation

Hi!

On 9/5/07, Jörg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:
> > Note [78]: The system administrator should be able to delete files in
> > /usr/share/doc/ without causing any programs to break.
>
> Is anywhere said when a program break? Are missing help files (available
> via menu entry) a breakage?

If the programs just gives a message saying "Help file is
unavailable", I won't consider this a breakage.
But if it gives a segmentation fault when you try to open the help
file and it's missing, I would say that this is a breakage.

Unfortunately it's too much subjective to define what is a break. A
user may think that a missing help file is a break, while another one
just don't care about this missing file.

Best regards,
Nelson