In-Program documentation

Hi there,

I'am currently in progress of packaging password-gorilla, which is a
tcl/tk application. Well everything is fine so far, except that the
application contains menu items LICENSE and HELP which rely on files in
the source distribution, which I currently install with dh_installdocs.
So basically I need to make these files available to the tcl/tk scripts.
But how should I do this properly?

1) Variant 1:
I could install the files to /usr/share/doc, but not with dh_installdocs
 so that they don't get compressed and then link them to the target
directory (/usr/share/password-gorilla).

2) Variant 2:
Install them to /usr/share/doc AND to the target directory.

3) Variant 3:
Install them only to the target directory.

It seems to me as if variant 1 would be the only that makes sense. But
is this okay? Is there another way to do it? What would you recommend?

Regards,
Patrick