Re: RFS: xpn

Am Mon, 03 Sep 2007 22:47:02 +0200 schrieb Patrick Schoenfeld:
> Michael Krauss wrote:
[...]
> > Here i get the following:
> > mickraus@gandalf:~$ ls -l /usr/share/xpn/xpn.sh
> > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 559 2007-09-03 20:41 /usr/share/xpn/xpn.sh
>
> That is why you should use something like pbuilder etc. to test your
> packaging, cause its bad to test things in an environment where other
> conditions might be met. Just sidenoted.

You are absolutely right. With pbuilder i got the same errors.
I had read about pbuilder before, but regarded it as a tool to check
dependencies. In the future i will use it always.

[...]
> So well:
> I have checked your new version -4 and I'm afraid that it builds up a
> bogus link to the binary. You must not use absolute pathes in the
> links, as this will fail on systems other then the one were the
> package is built (and ofcourse it will not work after removing the
> src directory)- I would recommend you to use dh_link.

After using pbuilder i experienced the same problem.
With "dh_link" the link is set properly.

Starting with revision 5 i use the deb file build by pbuilder for
testing on my machine.

After getting this package work, i must badly take a look behind the
scenes of this dpkg stuff. There are so many alternative programs and
approaches for packaging, one build upon the other.

Kind regards,
Michael Krauss