Re: RFS: steam-powered

Le Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 07:06:19PM +1000, Ben Finney a écrit :
> David Given <dg@cowlark.com> writes:
>
> > Given that I've just seen pretty much exactly the same conversation
> > on -devel about a week ago, and that this keeps popping up, it's
> > obvious that there *is* demand for working non-free software on
> > Debian. (I use it myself.)
>
> It's obvious that people want it, even on a free operating system. It
> still has no place *in* a free operating system, by definition.

Fortunately, the wise people who wrote the Social Contract made it
clear:

  We have created contrib and non-free areas in our archive for these
  works. The packages in these areas are not part of the Debian system,
  although they have been configured for use with Debian.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org