Re: takeover (Re: RFS: gscan2pdf (updated package))

scripsit Bart Martens:
> On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 14:39 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > >
> > > He hasn't replied to my emails, which I thought was strange, but
> > > as I am upstream...
> >
> > Hi Jeff,
> >
> > Maybe it would help to be more formal and send a message on
> > debian-devel (CCed to the maintainer of course) with a title like
> > "Intend to hijack gscan2pdf". This is what I did when I hijacked
> > seaview, and it worked like a charm.
>
> Is such approach compatible with the procedure about "dealing with
> inactive and/or unreachable maintainers"?
> http://www.us.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-beyond-pkging.en.html#s-mia-qa

Hi all,

I'm new here so please take that into consideration...  but as John
Goerzen is tagged `on vacation' in the developers LDAP database, perhaps
his failure to reply to an e-mail might only be a temporary thing.
Unfortunately AFAICT non-DDs aren't able to get access to the MIA
database; perhaps one of the DDs on the list could check on Mr.
Goerzen's status.  From what I can see he looks to be quite an active
developer, at least up to June/July...  I believe Mr. Goerzen is
in the U.S., but even Americans do take August holidays some times ;)

--
Thanasis Kinias
Doctoral Candidate, Department of History, and