Re: takeover (Re: RFS: gscan2pdf (updated package))

scripsit Bart Martens:
> On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 14:39 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > >
> > > He hasn't replied to my emails, which I thought was strange, but
> > > as I am upstream...
> >
> > Hi Jeff,
> >
> > Maybe it would help to be more formal and send a message on
> > debian-devel (CCed to the maintainer of course) with a title like
> > "Intend to hijack gscan2pdf". This is what I did when I hijacked
> > seaview, and it worked like a charm.
> Is such approach compatible with the procedure about "dealing with
> inactive and/or unreachable maintainers"?
> http://www.us.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-beyond-pkging.en.html#s-mia-qa

Hi all,

I'm new here so please take that into consideration...  but as John
Goerzen is tagged `on vacation' in the developers LDAP database, perhaps
his failure to reply to an e-mail might only be a temporary thing.
Unfortunately AFAICT non-DDs aren't able to get access to the MIA
database; perhaps one of the DDs on the list could check on Mr.
Goerzen's status.  From what I can see he looks to be quite an active
developer, at least up to June/July...  I believe Mr. Goerzen is
in the U.S., but even Americans do take August holidays some times ;)

Thanasis Kinias
Doctoral Candidate, Department of History, and
  Instructor, Professional Enhancement Programs
Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.
Je ne viens d'aucun pays, d'aucune cité, d'aucune tribu.  Je suis fils de la
route, ma patrie est caravane, et ma vie la plus inattendue des traversées.
  -- Amin Maalouf, _Léon l'Africain_