Re: takeover (Re: RFS: gscan2pdf (updated package))

Le Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 07:55:06AM +0200, Bart Martens a écrit :
> On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 14:39 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> > Maybe it would help to be more formal and send a message on debian-devel
> > (CCed to the maintainer of course) with a title like "Intend to hijack
> > gscan2pdf". This is what I did when I hijacked seaview, and it worked
> > like a charm.
>
> Is such approach compatible with the procedure about "dealing with
> inactive and/or unreachable maintainers"?
> http://www.us.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-beyond-pkging.en.html#s-mia-qa

Well, in this case, the maintainer is neither inactive nor unreachable.
It is just that he does not answer. I think that if he would not answer
to an ITH mail on -devel, there would be hardly any reason for not
letting the package to be hijacked. One could of course make the
hypohtesis that the reason why the current mainainer does not answer the
mails is that Jeffrey would have badly behaved in the past, but just
looking at the BTS shows how untrue it is.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org